Friday, May 11, 2012

Flax Granola Wedges

I've been wanting more grab-and-go snacks for when I go to work or run errands throughout the week. I found a great recipe for granola bars here that I adapted by changing a few ingredients and baking them into a pie pan. LOVE THEM.


Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup almonds (I used whole)
1/4 cup milled flax seed
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
cinnamon & nutmeg as preferred

Directions:
1) Mix all ingredients into a big bowl.
2) Press into a greased pie pan with a plastic bag over your hand.
3) Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
4) Put the granola pie in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours.
5) Cut into 8 wedges.












No comments:

Post a Comment